Legislation mandating free testing doesn’t put an end to surprise bills from COVID-19
Reimbursement provisions on COVID-19 claims were included in two Coronavirus aid packages signed into law in March. But loopholes in the law and confusion about coverage have led to surprise medical bills that are hundreds or even thousands of dollars.
As COVID-19 cases continue to rise and the demand for testing and treatment grows, this problem is likely to get worse.
Learn how you can help protect clients and members from surprise bills on COVID-19 claims
Legislative and cost management experts explain how you can mitigate risk for payers, plans, and members. This webinar will address:
- The effect of COVID-19 on out-of-network claims and balance billing
- Where COVID-19 testing and treatment reimbursement provisions in recent Congressional acts fall short
- How state balance billing laws are triggered with COVID-19 claims
- Arbitration and member advocacy
- Specific balance billing scenarios