With traditionally low patient engagement rates and complex reimbursement models, our health systems are ripe for disruption from organizations that may be able to offer a better consumer experience at a lower price. Our healthcare industry has only begun to tap the benefits of patient activation to avoid disruption and improve clinical outcomes, operational efficiency and financial performance. In this session, Providence leaders will discuss their patient engagement strategy and two initiatives that utilize digital technology to keep patients on track and connected to their providers throughout their care journey. A panel of experts will review Providence’s My COVID Diary and My Surgical Journey projects and their ability to deliver patient-centric care, and measurable quality, revenue and patient satisfaction improvements.
- Review Providence’s patient engagement strategy
- Describe the rationale, approach and results of the My COVID Diary and My Surgical Journey initiatives
- Identify key success factors in implementing a patient engagement strategy
- Hear about early indicators of patient engagement on PROs, satisfaction, length of stay, readmissions, and cost of care
- Describe lessons learned and plans to evolve patient activation at Providence