Spray drying is a proven technology for enhancing the solubility and bioavailability of poorly soluble drugs through the production of amorphous spray dried dispersions (SDDs). As spray drying continues to increase in use due to its commercial viability, it is critical to develop effective scale-up and technology transfer processes to ensure the clinical and commercial success of novel pharmaceutical products.
This webinar features a Catalent expert presenting a roadmap for formulation and process development that can aid in seamless scale-up. Another expert from EuroAPI will provide an overview of typical tech transfer and scale-up processes, highlighting how thermodynamic modelling, engineering modifications, API conservation and cleaning techniques in large scale settings can help optimize overall processes in terms of yield and run times.
Attend this webinar to learn from real world case studies about best practices and strategies to mitigate risks and ensure a successful tech transfer from development through to commercial scale spray drying of pharmaceutical products.
Key Learning Objectives
- Understand how thermodynamic and mathematical modelling can aid in scale-up
- Learn how engineering modifications can be made to optimize the spray drying process
- Gain insight into spray drying process optimization techniques including cleaning and conservation, in large-scale spray dryers
- See how critical data collected during the early development phase supports process optimization
- Recognize how best practices efficiently align the development and technology transfer teams at the start of scale-up activity